- Front with the album artwork accompanied with the artist name and the album title
- Back cover typically with the tracklist including time of the songs. The back cover also typically contains:
- Bar Code
- QR code (becoming more common)
- Smallprint with copyright laws written
- Website for the artist
- Twitter/Facebook sites (becoming more common)
- Usually the bands record label logo can be seen
- Inside the digipak there is sometimes text displaying the names of the composers for each song in smaller print than the song title
- There is sometimes a small handout which contains further artwork, maybe some images of the artist playing live or possibly lyrics
- The actual CD can usually be found in the main part of the digipak in a plastic holder with two panels to each side
- Some digipaks have two cd's within the card case. One for the actual CD and another for behind the scenes or some sort of DVD
- Stickers are usually found on the front of the digipak saying "includes "...." in this album!"
- The outside of the digipak can use very bright and inviting colours to make it attractive on the shelve and then use darker colours inside the actual digipak.
- Digipaks are seen as the LP's of this century and can be seen as a collectable like LP's as they are much more interesting than a standard jewel case.
- The spine of the digipak usually has the artist name, album name
From research online I found a wide range of bands using digipaks in our genre showing that there is a market for them.
However most notably Muse's most recent album "The Resistance" had three versions of the album for sale.
The standard one was just a CD.
then for slightly more there was a CD+DVD
Then finally there was a "deluxe edition" for a high cost which contained:
- CD+DVD in foldout softpak including The Making Of The Resistance DVD (43 minutes 53 seconds)
- 180g Double heavyweight vinyl
- Muse USB pre-loaded with WAV, Apple Lossless and MP3 320 files plus bespoke audio player
- 12" Art Print
This shows that there is a clear audience that is interested in buying the high budget collectables.
|The Resistance - Deluxe Edition|