Our three options included:
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Two Tribes"
- Jaydee - "Plastic Dreams"
- Faith No More - "Falling to Pieces"
Here is the final video:
- Preparation is key for success. We had to actually film twice because of bad organisation, despite the original idea been to just film the once.
- Plan what exactly we are going to film. We didn't have a clear idea for what to film, and ths delayed everything and meant that we missed some shots that may have been useful the first time we filmed. We had a basic plan in mind, but a detailed plan is required.
- Framing the shots is very important. We showed some examples of this in the video, for example shooting the footage through the branches of trees. However we didn't do as much of this as we should/could have done. This is another example of where planning would have helped.
- The quantity of shots to take is important as well as the quality. The more variation you get when filming the product, the better the eventual video has the potential to be. Shooting shots from different angles is also an effective idea, the inter-cutting them in the product.
- Costume adds verisimilitude. Again, a disadvantage of not planning enough was that we didn't have any proper costumes for the people in the video. This makes th video look amaeturish and is something we have to learn from.
For comparison, below is the actual Music Video for the song. Please note that we had not seen this video when planning and creating our video for the song.